It seems like monster high has just swept throught the hearts of millions of children and adults alike since their debut in 2010. Two weeks ago another person fell into the rabbit hole that is the monster high doll series, yours truly. After getting a job at kmart and finally having disposable income I couldn't resist the odd lil dolls any longer.
So far I only have five dolls but I do love them quite a bit. I'm already in the process of trying to repaint their faces seeing as their factory ones kinda creeped my mom out. having a bit of difficulty with my finished though since even though the blasted cans say "matte" they certainly are NOT matte. I'll have to clean their faces again *sigh*
Anyhow after looking through a couple blogs (mainly Myfroggystuff and mymonstercrush) have inspired me to make my own blog related to the little bundles of twelve inch fun. First how about a roll call for names. I so far have a:
Viperine from the frights camera action set
Lagoona version of the same set
Skelita in her signature outfit
Spectra ghoul spirit
and Torelai from their coffee shop. Dead bean I think?
Another one will be joining them come christmas hopefully since mom was nice enough to order me the Wydowna doll. <3
Thanks to the afforementioned blogs I've also taken an interest in doll customizing and since there is one MH character I have an eye on for how interesting I find her I'll be making her myself, Madison Fear. I simply love her design and concept but they don't have a doll model of her out yet and I don't even know if they will. So I will also be documenting the process of turning a cleo denile doll into a madison fear doll. I've already got most of the bits I need and found mostly good hair color matches from dollyhair.com.There's just a few last parts I need to order and some spray paint and new matte then I can begin, mhuahahaha.
*ahem* Aside from that I'm also planning to branch into selling stuff for the dolls since I do sew quite a bit an like making stuff for them. I've already made an example "quilt" and pillow set (its got ittle owls!) and more fabric to make more later. Going to need the extra funds if I'm going to get more of the shoes for my dolls after all.
I have to go now since it's time to get ready for the daily grind. I'll be putting up more posts soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment