Sunday, December 28, 2014

Figured I'd include a sort of mini craft. I was lookin at paper in walmart last night and I saw these road sign stickers for scrap books but I figured "why not make them into doll room signs". You know like found things decor. I only needed to use a few things too.
Said stickers and something firm for them to be on. In my case it was these cards from work that stopped being relevant four days ago. Cardstock is it a cood substitute since that is what the cards are made of after all.
And of course an exacto knife since the corners and curves can be rather sharp on their own. I accidentally tore a part of the vista sign with cutting it with scissors so a tiny knife is reccommended. Ifyou're a kid doing this please get an adult to cut for you. I have a scar on my finger where I gave myself a good cut at the knuckle to attest to how bad an idea it is to do it on your own (I'm not as careful a person as I should be sadly)
Anyhow moving on, first step is to take a sticker and plaster it to the cutting material on a hard surface. Make sure to ask before doing it on moms kitchen table though... Next step is just cutting it out!
(Only doing it one handed for the pic. Not a good idea to do it one handed, needs both!)
And viola! A nice little sign for a toy inn or just above a doll's bed. I just like the idea of signs in decor so I wanted to share. TTFN
-QG

No comments:

Post a Comment