Saturday, December 27, 2014

Hello everyone! Last night I started work on prepping cleo for her transformation. Her face paint is already cleaned off and most of her hair is tugged out.

I'm using Cutex's pure acetone for this project, a little chair I got from AC Moore I used to cradle the head while it sat with acetone in it to loosen the glue a bit. And another reminder even though everyone has said it, be very careful with acetone. Turns out it melts plastic. Learned that the hard way myself thinking that it wouldn't melt a plastic cup then get everywhere.
And this is the result. So yeah, lesson learned; using a proper mug now.


I used my space heater on a low setting and plopped her in front of it for a bit to heat her up enough I could get her head off easily. Still caught a slight snag but the larger part of the hole didn't tear thankfully. After soaking with the acetone till it started leaking out through the plug holes it became so much easier to remove the glue and hair.

I have a lot more than this pulled out but those are pictures for later. For now time for work so I'll see you guys later. TTFN

-QG

No comments:

Post a Comment