After spraying I kinda noticed I got more on the body than I really wanted (what I get for aiming a smidge too high). There was only one thing to do and that was bust the acetone back out.
Since acetone does melt plastic I watered it down with, well, water and scrubbed. Took a bit longer but for little to no damage the extra work was worth it.
There's a bit of staining still from the paint along with it being stuck in her model number but I can live with it. It was time for another round of paint, this time for her hands. The color is a mix of sienna and white to get it close as I could to Cleo's skin tone.
I didn't bother painting the joint this time but they look pretty good to me. Now for the tooth picks. Since the gorgon legs came from a CAM set they aren't really meant for the regular bodies.
That's where the tooth pick there comes in. After breaking off the ends I hot glued it into the peg wells of the hips.There's something to be said as well for really pointy end tweezers.
I used elastic cord to at least keep the legs on her until I can figure out a better way to string them.
Next post, giving her hair.










No comments:
Post a Comment